For all class teachers, music teachers, parents and lovers of music:
What does the child of the 21th century need in terms of music?
How does one choose the right music for the right grade?
How do children need to be challenged in music?
How does one inspire the motivation to make music?
My workshops will:
- help you to use music in the classroom in a fun, creative way including the
use of musical games, improvisation and much more
- develop a solid music curriculum for the school
- provide you with carefully selected songs from Grades 1-8 and many insights for High school
- present you with songs which meet childrens' needs and pose the right challenges for them while explaining the underlying importance of the music
- include everything from Medieval to Classical period with an emphasis on folk music and multicultural music
- integrate newly designed instruments, Orff instruments and recorders in a creative way
- create rhythm work using body percussion, games and instruments such as shakers, drums, boomwhackers etc.
- teach rhythmic perfomance pieces for numerous styles including African drumming and Brazilian Samba.
Designed specificially for:
- lower grades: lyres, pentatonic flutes, creative music games, appropriate songs for each class
- middle grades: energetic songs, rhythm-games and exercises, performance pieces
- upper grades: Choir, performance pieces, jazz-type songs and challenging rhythms which will engage even those students who have little interest in music